Program & Curriculum Coach
Reports to: Educational Equity Program Director
Responsible for academic and course instruction, coordinate with on-site teachers and volunteers within the programs area, and act as a community liaison.
• Provide in-class instruction and curriculum development support.
• Managing day-to-day course related activities for Educational Equity Programs
• Plan, direct, or coordinate program activities and field trips
• Act as a liaison between the Social Justice Learning Institute (SJLI), Urban Scholars, and partnering schools
• Provide direct service and program support
• Establish and maintain relationships with partner agencies and organizations in the community and to ensure services are not duplicated.
• Coordinate with tutor support and academic support services including teachers
• Evaluate the work of staff and volunteers to ensure that programs are of appropriate quality and resources are used effectively.
• Prepare and maintain records, databases, and program, reports including but not limited to budgets and training manuals.
• Assist with policy planning and engage in advocacy efforts
• Assist with youth organizing and engagement activities
• Coordinate with alumni engagement programs
• Additional duties as assigned
• Establish, maintain, developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with school staff and volunteers
• Manage volunteers
• Communicating with Program Manager on program needs
• Curriculum development – establish program goals
• Manage school and partnership sites.
• Develop team building activities
• Oversee and mentor tutors and volunteers
• Evaluate program goals, objectives and outcomes and ensure they are being met.
• Assist in planning events such as end of year graduation ceremony and annual fundraising events.
• Provide monthly program updates and reports.
• Supervise youth activities
• Participate in fundraising and in-kind support
• Enforce established safety policies and protocols
• Create awareness for Urban Scholar’s program
• Act as community liaison
• Sets agenda & conducts staff team meetings
• Assist with civic engagement when needed
Working Community Relationships:
• Assist with facilitating, collaborating, and partnership with the community members, public agencies, non- and for- profit organizations
• Assist with community participation and volunteerism
• Assist with the increase of organizational visibility in the community
• Identifies opportunities for new community partnerships
• Assist with program staff leadership and development
• Assist the Program Manager with the development of strategic and operational plans for managing the organization
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Exceptional interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
• Able to demonstrate a commitment to the goals, guidelines, and principles the Social Justice Learning Institute
• Able to maintain confidentiality
• Possesses a valid California Driver’s License
• Able to obtain a live scan clearance
• Availability to occasionally work on weeknights and weekends
• Able to form strong relationships with a wide range of constituents, including, but not limited to, parents, students, staff and leadership
• Ability to collaborate in a team environment
• Experience in working with young people from the youth development perspective
• Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) in education, psychology, social welfare, or related field
• 3 – 5 years of experience in a similar non-profit role
Your application was submitted successfully.