TITLE: DONOR RELATIONS AND EVENTS ASSOCIATE
STATUS: Full Time, Non-exempt
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Social Justice Learning Institute (SJLI) is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to improving the education, health, and well-being of youth and communities of color by empowering them to enact social change through research, training and community mobilization. We do this by building capacity for individuals and communities to advocate for their needs, train and build leaders, educate and empower youth and community members to identify and rectify injustice, and deliver effective programs, resources and support that help advance our mission.
Working closely with other members of the Development and Communications team, the SJLI Donor Relations and Events Associate is responsible for providing assistance in the implementation of SJLI’s long range strategic fundraising plan, primarily in the area of donor development and events. Specifically, this position is responsible for implementing engagement and fundraising strategies to enhance and grow revenue and current and prospective donors.
The Donor Relations and Events Associate also provides comprehensive administrative assistance to the Development and Communications department, with a focus on office and fundraising support, effective database management and reporting, event logistics and donor stewardship efforts. The role involves a lot of planning and systems development. We are looking for someone to strengthen our individual donor systems and tools to support increased individual donor engagement, in particular as we move forward with a multi-million dollar capital campaign.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Donor Relations and Recognition:
· Develop and foster positive relationships with current and prospective donors to increase financial support for SJLI.
· Responsible for the overall management and integrity of the of the Avita Foundation’s donor database from data entry and gift processing to advanced queries, reporting and exporting and relationship activities
· Process incoming gifts and ensure that gifts are accurately recorded and thanked
· Coordinate donor campaigns and other year-round engagement strategies
· Analyze donor giving patterns to increase donor retention, upgrading, and conversion rates; generate development reports from CRM database
· Assist with individual donor stewardship including acknowledgement letters, thank you cards, donor appreciation gifts, and other communications
· Assist with preparation of the annual report and other reports to donors as needed
· Conduct research on donor prospects and other acquisition strategies to expand donor base regionally
· Informs and educates donors on gift impact
· Event Coordination:
· In partnership with the Director of Development, create annual event operating plan that outlines event strategy, functional goals and objectives, resource requirements, and measurable outcomes.
· Assist in all aspects of executing large and small-scale events that showcase SJLI to donors, alumni, and volunteers such as Earth Day Jazz Festival, Urban Scholars Culmination, etc
· Recruits and stewards participants, sponsors, and donors for the event
· Communicate with volunteers and key leadership to ensure up-to-date event details
· Perform other administrative related duties or special ad hoc projects as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The Donor Relations and Events Associate will be a highly organized and detail-oriented, with 1-3 years of work experience, preferably in development and individual donor relations a Bachelor’s degree in English, non-profit management, or a related field.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following qualities and attributes:
· Culture- and mission-driven – extremely passionate about SJLI and increasing opportunities for the populations we serve;
· A can-do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile in service of our mission;
· An unwavering commitment to executing with excellence;
· Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills
· The ability to execute a comprehensive donor acknowledgement and recognition plan
· Assist with visioning, planning and orchestrating donor events and activities that appeal to SJLI’s donors and prospects
· The ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of staff members and program partners;
· The capacity to multitask and manage multiple projects and assignments, often with competing deadlines;
· Experience using Blackbaud and other development software and/or other CRM (customer relationship management) systems; and
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Strong passion for SJLI’s vision for social justice and equity; mission to improve the education, health, and well-being of youth and communities of color by empowering them to enact social change through research, training and community mobilization
· Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) with 1-3 years of fundraising experience in a nonprofit development/fundraising support capacity with demonstrated experience successfully receiving grant funding
· Development software experience
· Outstanding written and oral communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Your application was submitted successfully.